Monday, May 23, 2011

ooooo-llllll-mmmmmm

Here is Melissa's new address:

Kirche Jesu Christi
Sister Melissa Alder
Ensingerstrasse 36
D-89073 Ulm
Germany


Guten Morgan,

Where do I start?? What a whirlwind of a weekend it has been and is continuing into this week. We had so much success last week and taught tons of lessons, and then were off at 5 in the morning on Friday for Zone Conf. Elder Adams called in the train to tell me I had been transferred. Such a weird feeling. I had been kind of expecting it, so I had tried to prepare myself emotionally but it still isnt easy. 11 months ago TODAY I had a 6 hour train ride from Munich to the Steiermark and there I have stayed! I forgot this is actually just part of missionary work, having to leave all those people you love behind!

I will be in Ulm in Germany. The members think I am so funny because I cant say Ulm right (see subject line). O die Arme, sie kann die Stadt ueberhaupt nicht aussprechen. haha... Anyways they say they still speak Bayerisch there even though its closer to Stuttgart where they speak Schwabisch. Anyways Bayerisch is similar to Steierisch so hopefully it wll be ok :)

Zone Conference in Vienna on Friday. The Vienna sisters came back with us to Bruck and we did an exchange. Sister Downs and I had a jam packed 24 hours planned. We had requested the exchange to 'kick' Bruck :) We had a ton of great appointments and I was really grateful to work with a younger missionary again who just helps me see the small miracles everyday. We also had a street display Sat morning in Bruck Hauptplatz. That was a blast, picures neyt week.

Saying goodbye at church was hard, but good. The members knew the time would come eventually. The family we have been teaching English too invited us to mittags because I was leaving ( and I didnt go on Friday night since it was Sister Downs and Ssiter Covey). It was really neat to have an eating appt with a family who is not members and knows nothing about our church. The first thing they offered was wine haha. At the end I bore my testimony of prayer and the dad even said a prayer at the end, what a miracle!


We were in Trofaiaich in the eveing and Br. Kubik played the accordian for us and even I played too, pics next week!

I know that God has a plan for each of us and He works through His servents here on earth!

Love ,
Sister Alder

No comments: