Monday, May 30, 2011

Miracles in Ulm!!

Man I don't even know where to start.

Last few days in Bruck war HERRLICH! I got to see real mountains on Monday, and got to live missionary miracles before I had to go. My favorite was finding Sabine again. We haven't had contact since 2 weeks before Easter. She was home for holiday break for a while but we were never able to re establish contact despite calling and going by and such. I saw her on her bike, made Sister Downs stop the car and I jumped out and ran across the street yelling 'Sabine!' She was really excited to see us again and I was like I am going to Germany, tomorrow!! Can we come by tonight? She had a few minutes available and so did we and she asked how long I would be in Germany and I said I wasn’t coming back! We had a great meeting that night where she explained her life hasn’t been good lately and she she’s been down and didn’t want to impose that on anybody else so she never called us back. But she’s doing better and Sister Downs made out a new appt. Sabine is like the coolest most normal investigator I have worked with and I would totally be friends with her. Anyways it just made me so happy to re establish contact and learn she didn’t have anything against us, actually she had watched 2 sessions of Gen Conf and read farther in the Book of Mormon.

Anita was pretty sad I was leaving too, but I am sure she loves the new sister now just as much. We committed her to come to the church building on Sunday, whether there was 5 minutes left in the meeting or even if it was already over- then we would re do the gospel principles class just for her, then work with her getting her there a little earlier every week. Baby steps. I self addressed an envelope to me that Sister Downs should be sending to me today to say if she came. I really hope she did, yesterday was her first baptismal date.

My first thought here in Germany.... it’s so FLAT!!!!! Had a little time Munich and I poked my head out of the train, memories came flooding back!

But its beautiful and I love being in an area that has a central point, like a main city, where we live, where the church is, and where a lot of members live. It makes everything so much easier! I mean our area is still huge, they all are, but Bruck was just hard having everything soooo spread out. RS pres 2 hours one way, branch pres one hour the other way. So I am loving it. Compared to my old area a big town, but nothing compared to Stuttgart probably. Still a branch, about the same number of members as Bruck, EXCEPT that they are almost all under the age of 70 instead of the other way around! :)

The first day we got to an appt early and knocked on a door across the street. A guy answered and said, 'I believe in God, I don't have time right now can we make out an appt for tomorrow, at 10 please.' We kind of just stared at him for a second (that like NEVER happens.... we usually convince people to let us back). We have seen him every day since, he's been to a ward activity, church and tonight is coming to FHE with a member family.

The next miracle I want to talk about is two girls. They showed up at church yesterday. They are both students at the university; they believe in God and are looking for answers. We met with them after church and will again this afternoon. They are such an answer to my prayers. We also had 2 other investigators at church and it was just such a miracle! The members are totally willing to help with Missionary work, we have 2 woman ward missionaries who are willing to come with us and a counselor in the branch pres. who conducts a mtg every week after church about missionary work.... I am just amazed.

Sister Dietz and I are exhausted, working so hard, I tell her its going to be a theme, my time is ticking and I don't like that. I am so grateful for the time I have to represent Jesus Christ and serve Him. I know He is with us every step of the way.

Love,

Sister Alder


street display last week

accordion adventures with Br. Kubik


Alps

so grateful for Sr. Riedner taking us!


Sabine

Anita

No comments: