Grüsse aus ULM,
So if I thought there were miracles last week, well then I didn't know what would happen this week....
Our investigator is making awesome progress. We did the non smoking program with him and slowly he is quitting. His mom now loves us and wants us to come to her too. The girls are also completely amazing. We met with them at the university during the week and they just love learning more. They are willing to do everything. They fasted yesterday and were surprised it wasn't as hard as they thought. They are reading and praying and living the word of wisdom. They are so normal is throws me off sometimes. We were blessed with even more new investigators this week and taught tons. I didn't know it was possible to be so tired, but the Spirit does wonders to help with that. A wise person told me recently that these last 3 months are an opportunity to work as hard as my first three, but this time I can speak German. It’s so true, and am trying my best.
I forget to share some of the daily miracles that sometimes are the coolest. There was a woman at the bus stop with her kid. We talked to her and she was very clear she didn't believe in God and we had chosen the wrong person to talk to. We asked some questions and she answered, she doesn't believe in a life after death. After a little more talking I shared my feelings about my sister Michelle. How if there was no life after death, her life here wouldn't have nearly the meaning it does knowing that someday she will be free of that handicap. I really felt the Spirit bearing witness to her that she did know there was more than this and she said, much more calmly than earlier, that she would read the Family Proclamation we had given her.
Hermana Graham shared something cool in her email that mom mailed me today. Sometimes people say flat out no. The cool thing about that is that you just never know who might say yes. Or better yet, who decides to read the card you gave them and show up at church. In a meeting after church where we reported on our investigators the members then asked who that man was who came at the beginning of church. I hadn't known he wasn't a member (it is only my second Sunday) and Sister Dietz had even talked to him but we didn't know who he was. A member said that we had invited him and said his name was Hampp, with two P's. We were so confused, they thought maybe Sister Lind invited him. Anyways we went to an appt that afternoon with a man we had quickly contacted the other night and I started writing a note to say we had come and would come again when Sister Dietz said, oh my gosh he came to church today. What? Sure enough the mailbox said Herr Hampp.... we had just written down the house number, 48. We were walking very quickly for our bus at 9:10 at night after an appt and quickly approached him while he was smoking and drinking nonetheless. We had to go and said we would come back on Sunday at 3. And then he came to church. You just don't know who will choose Yes. Keep up the awesome work Nicole, you have always and continue to inspire me to be better. I am praying for your family too!
The members are getting so excited about missionary work, it helps when their congregation has been significantly larger then past couple of weeks due to people visiting. It is really cool to feel like I can get to know people and make a difference so quickly because I can communicate and have had quite a bit of experience. It took a lot longer to do that in Bruck, because I hardly knew what was going on at the beginning. And Munich, well I was pretty much lost in so many senses of the word for those 6 weeks, hardly made a difference at all, but I learned a ton and it prepared me for a lot.
Sorry I didn't give the Sister Cindi Dietz update last week. She's just too great to put into words! She was Sister Solomon's companion in the mtc, so she will hit a year in July. She's from Sandy utah. She went to Utah state wants to do special education. Dreams of going to Africa, is incredibly positive, and loving and thoughtful. She has been in Ulm since January, and worked with Sister Lind the whole time. She loves it, I love her, it all works out.
The language dialect is definitely different but still nothing compared to my last area due to the fact that we aren't out in the boonies. Ulm is a great in between though. Pretty big city but also has a small town feel. I really like it!
Gotta go, love you all, and am so grateful for the support.
Lg,


No comments:
Post a Comment