I've talked a lot about miracles on the mission, but yesterday was really the first time that I saw a real miracle occur right in front of my eyes.
About the investigator that we ran into on my first day tracting in Ulm... He opened the door, looked at us and said "I believe in God. I don't have any time right now but can you come again tomorrow, please?" He has made a lot of progress since that day. He says honestly that he is searching for a ward, a community to belong to. He didn't come to church yesterday but called us later on to see if we could still meet. We used to meet regularly outside on a bench, but last week we brought him to a member's house in the area. We wanted to teach the law of Chastity. It went pretty well. I was very grateful for the Blaschte couple (Blaschte is the couple's last name) who clearly and succinctly explained the doctrinal principles. Sister Downs taught me how to use the Proclamation on the Family to teach the law of Chastity = AWESOME! He said frequently during the appointment that he tried so hard to quit smoking, and that he is amazed that we can say that the Church is the only true one. After the appointment, the wife suggested that Brother Blaschte give him a blessing. Brother Blaschte said he would, but only if he wanted it. "I want one," he said immediately. The blessing was full of the spirit and he was very moved. He sat for five minutes, breathing deeply. Brother and Sister Blaschte shared their testimonies that what he was feeling work through his body was the Holy Ghost. That is why our church is different, they said. We invited him again to pray. He literally fell to his knees after he started praying and we all automatically followed. He thanked God for this experience. He said he felt it all through his body, his eyes were red and wow it was powerful.
The two girls are doing great. They say coming to church is always worth it. They thank God in their prayers that we are allowed to read in the Book of Mormon and learn more about him.
I forgot to mention that Sister Dietz and I run every morning. She's crazier than me I decided.
I am doing well, there are ups and downs as always. I know that the Priesthood of God has been restored to the earth.
I know God answers prayers. We went to a really long street to find a lady. We knew her name and street but that’s all. We searched for like 30 minutes, nothing. We finally decided to pray. I rang one more bell, to ask if they knew her, and no one came, we had decided to go down the hill so down we went, we heard that door finally open and we rang back and the lady totally knew the lady we were looking for and walked for us for about 10 minutes through criss crossy sidewalks straight to the door. And it was up hill, not down hill. God answers prayers, and sometimes really fast. Good thing we found the lady because she is going out of town for 2 weeks!
4 other elders in our district just showed up and we are playing basketball, first time in over a year, should be interesting.
Love you all!
Sister Alder
No comments:
Post a Comment