Liebe Familie und Freunde,
I guess I will start with the most exciting news of the week. Sister Dietz is training!!! But that means I am leaving Ulm. I will be a traveling sister. Basically all I really know is that I will leave most of my stuff at the mission home, somehow travel really light and spend time with each companionship in the last 5 weeks of my mission.... No idea how long in each area or anything like that and honestly I don't think President knows either. I guess an Elder that used to be an assistant and managed to get his mission extended has been doing that this last transfer and he has had an opportunity to help a lot of companionships. I am pretty sad to leave Ulm. I have had some amazing experiences with the members watching the work here bloom, and I mean we have like the coolest guy ever getting baptized on Saturday. But he is so cool that he said he understands if God needs me somewhere else :)
President and Sister Miles are awesome! A lot different than the Condie's which I think is good because you can't even compare them. And the coolest part was when Pr. Miles said P. Condie and him hadn't talked about any single missionary. Only the mission as a whole. Everyone gets a clean slate, which I think will be really good for some missionaries.
We have had an interesting 7 weeks with one new member. I witnessed a time when she saw both sides, living with and without the gospel and she has really realized which one is better. We had such a sweet meeting with her on Friday morning, it was perfect and things are on the upside. We have worked so hard trying to help her cling to what she knows is true, and have prayed a ton, and now she's on the upside. Watching lives change is simply priceless
A is getting baptized on Saturday! We hit just about the bottom of the iceberg yesterday with some of his concerns. His interview is tomorrow and I think it will go well. He is the most prepared person I have met in my whole life. Not because he's perfect. Because he has already changed his life, which was going a totally different direction, and has fought through temptations. He has searched for the truth, but didn't know where to find it. And Sister Dietz and I were able to play a part in him finding it. This really might be one of the greatest miracles of my mission that I can't even express. Pray for him!
Last week was for sure my favorite 4th of July ever. Some members threw a last minute bbq together in the afternoon and it was amazing and now I am really treasuring that time with those members since I can't visit most of them before I go.
It’s taken my whole mission for me to realize that my own conversion is just as important as those around me. And who I am becoming as well. And this new assignment will be really different without any one area, one ward, one companion, one teaching pool, etc etc, and I am just hoping that I can continue to learn, grow and become who my Heavenly Father knows I can become.
Love you all,
und BIS BALD!
Sister Alder
No comments:
Post a Comment