Monday, July 25, 2011

Stop 2 SINGEN

First things first my name is a well known Swiss name! At church yesterday there were a couple of people from Switzerland who asked if I had ancesters from Switzerland! When I said yes they said, and they didn’t teach you German in the home??? Haha maybe I should clarify it was a few generations back... Anyways I asked them about Schwellbrunn, my dream from my whole mission to be able to go there, and one of them knew it. Anyways next week I will be in Switzerland and I will definitely figure out how far away it is exactly!

Biggest surprise of the week. I get off the train on Wednesday in Singen and head down the tunnel from the platform and Sister Hoffmann sees me, drops her bag and runs down the tunnel into my arms. Yes very dramatic is was so classic. She started crying! Turns out the sisters were doing an exchange already and had planned to surprise me with my greenie. Haha she kept saying over and over. Sister Alder is coming to Schaffhausen (that’s where I am going next, on Wednesday). Supposedly she's just had this feeling she would get the chance to work with me again, but she didn't know how that would be possible since I was in Ulm, with only 5 weeks left, and I am not allowed to come to Switzerland, etc etc, but the Lord knew all a long. Cool huh? Anyways she went back to Schaffhausen the next day and I have been with Sister Ray and Sister Funk here in Singen. Sister Ray and I were in the MTC together for a little bit at the beginning and she is going home with me. She has been in this area for 10 months and is already starting her goodbyes, I am so glad I don't have to do anything like that! She has been through SO much on her mission and she is really an example to me. She does the work really differently and I have learned a lot and been able to suggest a few things. They are both just really chill and it’s been great. We have also had some cool experiences which I do not have time to write about but I am being a good girl again when it comes to journal writing so I can tell you about them later.

Life goes to fast to not enjoy the moments.

Love,

Sister Alder

my life for 5 weeks, in a backpack. me leaving Munich

Boden See! Look it up! We went and sung and played guitar there, unfortunately no one was interested in our message.

ausstellung in Schwennigen




No comments: