Gruetzi miteinand!
On the way back a woman had a stroke and fell straight on her face before our eyes. It was an interesting experience trying to not do anything inappropriate since missionaries aren’t supposed to help with things like that but Sister Hecht is a paramedic and I have a little clue about first aid.... anyways brought back a lot of memories.
On Wednesday I left Schaffhausen at 9 in the morning and arrived in Vienna a little before 7 pm. I had a sweet direct train fromZürich to Vienna and had a wonderful time reading and writing in my journal, getting to know the couple next to me who we exchanged email addresses and their son is in Eugene they are from Switzerland. He's met with missionaries in the past, we discussed lots of things and he told me probably my favorite German phrase yet, which I have collected on my mission
Die schwierigste Erfahrungen des Lebens sind die kostbarste Geschenke, aber eingepackt in hässlichen Papier.
Got sweet views of the Boden Seeand Swiss Alps but the second I entered Austria and heard an Austrian accented person on the lautsprecher man I just felt at home! Maybe I just imagined it but everything just felt more familiar and I gloried in being in Austria again.I have loved being in Vienna where I know my way around a bit. It’s been a really interesting experience here in the Vienna international ward. The work is different because we focus on the English speaking people. And church in English was just weird. The weirdest part was when I heard a toddler say something in English.... And there are lots of byu students at the center and they are so American, its weird.
I leave for Bruck on Thursday,crazy huh?? I think I am there until the next Tuesday no idea what happens Wednesday and supposedly Thursday someone’s making me board a plane.
So far in this transfer the biggest lesson I havé learned is there is 2 sides to every story. Yup. I feel like I get this birds eye view of every companionship and I wish I could just solve everything but I can only try to set an example of love and service to each other and hope they chose to do the same. I also have had the cool experience of seeing how the Lord gives us experiences and challenges to help us change and become better. We do have to accept the challenge and be willing to change.
eure,
Sister Alder













No comments:
Post a Comment