I can hardly believe it--this is Melissa's last mission email!! Thanks again for your interest in sharing this amazing adventure with her.
Grüss euch,
Highlight of the week, a huge hug with Manuela Reisl, at church, since she was there.
But maybe I should back up. Vienna was definitely a different experience. Vienna International ward and Bruck are the opposite ends of the missionary spectrum. Everything is just extremes differences. I had been to vienna a lot but not for a week doing missionary work. The bruck and wien sisters did an exchange so I ended up going back to Bruck on Thursday morning. The next day we found out Sister Nelson would be transferred to vienna so this weekend has been a bit crazy trying to get everything done, and preparing for Sister Downs GREENIE or golden is maybe better said. This weekend its been fun to all be preparing for our new assignments. Sister Nelson helped me see that my new assignment is what God wants for me right now, just like her new assignment to work in a drit with Sister Chapple and Lind in the vienna international ward (where I was last week).
A man we worked with in vienna was baptized on Saturday. Cool to be a part of that week leading up to his baptism.
Its been weird to be back. I mean I already said goodbye. The biggest blessing was seeing Manuela decide to come back. She was in Graz last weekend and called the sisters to see how to get to the church in Graz and she went. She admitted she's smoking again and such but wants to change. That was pretty cool. When we were praying and fasting for her several months ago I really did not think these prayers would actually ever be answered within 10 years or so. It seemed so impossible in my little eyes. How easily we forget that God has a better view. And miracles do happen. That's what I have learned lately. Don't limit your faith.
Its just been a great last few days here in Bruck. The only thing helping me accept its over is knowing its the right thing and bis jetzt. God's plan is always been better than mine, even if my little eyes don't understand how.Highlight of the week, a huge hug with Manuela Reisl, at church, since she was there.
But maybe I should back up. Vienna was definitely a different experience. Vienna International ward and Bruck are the opposite ends of the missionary spectrum. Everything is just extremes differences. I had been to vienna a lot but not for a week doing missionary work. The bruck and wien sisters did an exchange so I ended up going back to Bruck on Thursday morning. The next day we found out Sister Nelson would be transferred to vienna so this weekend has been a bit crazy trying to get everything done, and preparing for Sister Downs GREENIE or golden is maybe better said. This weekend its been fun to all be preparing for our new assignments. Sister Nelson helped me see that my new assignment is what God wants for me right now, just like her new assignment to work in a drit with Sister Chapple and Lind in the vienna international ward (where I was last week).
A man we worked with in vienna was baptized on Saturday. Cool to be a part of that week leading up to his baptism.
Its been weird to be back. I mean I already said goodbye. The biggest blessing was seeing Manuela decide to come back. She was in Graz last weekend and called the sisters to see how to get to the church in Graz and she went. She admitted she's smoking again and such but wants to change. That was pretty cool. When we were praying and fasting for her several months ago I really did not think these prayers would actually ever be answered within 10 years or so. It seemed so impossible in my little eyes. How easily we forget that God has a better view. And miracles do happen. That's what I have learned lately. Don't limit your faith.
See you all soon,
Sister Alder
my brick shoes broke.... they are currently being held together with a screw.







No comments:
Post a Comment