Wake up at 6 am on a Saturday?? If that's not bad enough, we waited in line for 3 hours as well (we did homework). See picture below. But its all worth it to come within spitting distance of a celebrity doing what he does best - act! Jude Law is playing Hamlet right now in London (British actor). The uncle was played by Gibbs from Pirates of the Carribbean. We had perfect seats. It was so worth it. It really helped me get all my homework done honestly.

Yay we got tickets!

All dressed up ready to go! A few of the girls were BIG fans and wanted to leave a lasting impression on Jude's mind... I said good luck.
Christy, Lexi, Kylie, Sarah, me Allison

The show was a unique experience in a small beautiful theatre and being so close. I've never been in show where the actors didn't use microphones! I'm not going to lie, I fell asleep a little bit in the 2nd half, but that's a very small percentage of a play thats over 3 hours long.
Becky me and Sarah

In between our morning adventure and the actual performance Sarah and I got some leftovers out of the fridge for lunch and headed to Borough's market. Its on the other side of town and has tons of food and, our favorite, samples. After adequete sampling (2 rounds by the Turkish delights--candies) we split an Ostrich burger... that's right. Supposedly like beef but a little leaner. The other choice was kangaroo, which was a little more "gamey." We decided to go on the safe side. Also on this burger they put mustard and cranberry sauce, interesting combo.On our way out we wanted to get some dessert. We decided on cheesecake and they were just closing up their stand, lets just say we got 3 pieces for 2 pounds, it was awesome. I went for round three for samples at the Turkish Delight stand and the man waved his little tongs at me as I approached saying, "I recognize you, no more tastes!" It was soo funny!
Ostrich Burger!
1 comment:
Awesome! :) It sounds like Sarah and you are having some great adventures!
Post a Comment